Our offices will be closed on January 16 in observance of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
- January 17: Commission Work Session @ 12pm
- January 18: Commission Meeting @ 9am
- January 18: Auditorium Dedication
- January 18: Alabama EMS Challenge @ Wallace State Community College
- January 24: Electric Vehicle Awareness via Zoom, 6-9pm
- February 8: Alabama EMS Challenge @ Birmingham Fire & Rescue: Station 2
- February 22: Alabama EMS Challenge @ Childersburg Fire Department
- February 24-26: Fire Explorer Weekend
- March 8: Alabama EMS Challenge @ Fultondale Fire & Rescue
- March 10-12: NFA Weekend Trip
- March 21-26: Fire College Week in North Alabama (registration will open soon)
- March 22: Alabama EMS Challenge @ Talladega Superspeedway
- April 12: Alabama EMS Challenge @ Birmingham Fire & Rescue: Station 2
- Spring 2023: Pilots expected to be conducted for Boat Operator and Peer Support courses
Alabama Fire Service Professional Development Conference
Register now, the attendee registration fee will increase to $220 on January 21! Visit www.alabamafirecollege.org/2023conference for registration and info.
Fire Fighter I/II Recruit School
- Decatur: January 23 to March 24
- AFC: February 5 to April 7
- Muscle Shoals: March 6 to May 5
- Anniston: September 11 to November 10
- Field delivery
- Mobile: January 30 to April 21
- Montgomery: January 30 to April 28
- Phenix City: March 6 to May 5
Reports are now available on the department dashboard! Sign up here.
Get Alarmed, Alabama! Smoke Alarm Program
423 fire departments are currently participating in the smoke alarm distribution program. To learn more about the program, visit www.alabamafirecollege.org/smokealarms.
2023 weekend classes for volunteer firefighters
Download a flyer. These courses will be held two weekends per month (approximately) and taught by our regular instruction cadre to ensure volunteers receive the same training as others. Students must provide proof of volunteer fire department affiliation. To register, call 1(800)241-2467.
Traffic Incident Management classes
The ALDOT Traffic Incident Management (TIM) Program brings together all agencies involved in clearing an incident from the roadway. TIM is a collaborative and coordinated multi-disciplinary process to detect, respond to, and clear traffic incidents so that traffic flow may be restored as safely and quickly as possible. View and register for available courses at www.alabamatim.org.
- January 21: Madison County Volunteer Fire Training Facility
- January 26: Moody Civic Center
- February 9: State of Alabama EMA EOC (Clanton)
- February 15: Cullman City Police Department
- February 16: Irondale Police Department Annex
- February 17: Baldwin County EMA
- February 21: Elmore County EMA
- February 23: Irondale Police Department Annex
- March 2: Irondale Police Department Annex
- March 7: Jasper Civic Center
- March 14: ALDOT Fayette
- April 4: University of Alabama
- April 13: St. Clair County EMA
- April 27: State of Alabama EMA EOC (Clanton)
- May 2: Elmore County EMA
- May 11: Jasper Civic Center
- May 25: ALDOT Fayette
Changes to NFPA Standards 1006 and 1033 prompt curriculum and certification updates
The NFPA Standards Committees update standards typically every five years to ensure that the most up-to-date information, technology, and industry standards are included in the curriculum that is produced and used in classroom delivery. To maintain accreditation with Pro Board and IFSAC, the AFC has a two-year deadline to update to these new editions. As such, we are updating the following courses to meet the new standards for NFPA 1006 (Standard for Technical Rescue Personnel Professional Qualifications) and NFPA 1033 (Standard for Professional Qualifications for Fire Investigator.) The books have been finalized and are listed below. Pilot courses are planned for Spring 2023, with a tentative transition to new books, curriculum, and standards planned for Summer 2023. Technical Review Committees and our Certification, Curriculum, and Training personnel are working diligently to finalize curriculum and testing elements. Learn more.
Volunteer Rescue Student Tuition Reimbursement Program
Since 2019, there have been 48 students participating in the Volunteer Rescue Student Tuition Reimbursement Program, and the tuition costs reimbursed to those participants totals $94,247. Learn more.