After a year of planning and working with web developers, our new website is up and running! We are excited to introduce you to our new site which will look much different and function much more smoothly for an overall better user experience.
We understand that a new site will take some time to get used to, so we’ve listed some of the most common applications and how to navigate them.
Let’s start here.
The navigation options in the top right corner will help you navigate to courses and pages.
- FIND A COURSE: This button will lead you to information about all of our courses. You will see types of courses (Certification, EMS, and Non-Certification), which you can view in a list, by month, or by day, as well as information about all of our certification courses and course delivery methods. (If you are viewing the site on your phone, you won’t see this option. You can navigate to it by clicking LEARN MORE, and it will be located at the bottom of the page.)
- SEARCH: To find an item on our website, simply type a keyword in the Search box and click “GO”.
Help us grow: If there were no search results for the keyword you used, let us know so that we can cultivate healthy search results.
- MENU: The menu button on the far right will allow you to toggle the main menu.
Frequently asked questions
Our previous website featured a “How do I?” menu of items our users frequently searched. We felt it would be helpful to retain this section by adding a drop-down menu on our homepage.
Simply click the red arrow next to the menu option by “I am trying to,” and you will see a list of some of the most requested information from our users.
- apply for a field course
- become a firefighter
- find a course
- go to the AFC Online Classroom
- pay an invoice
- reinstate my firefighter certification
- request a transcript
- transfer my certifications
Other useful pages:
- Events: These are events or trainings that aren’t one of our typical courses.
- Regional Services: Here you can find contact information for your Regional Coordinator, information on our mobile training props, forms commonly used for departmental training courses, and other helpful resources.
- Job Board: Submit your department’s open job posting or find a new career!
- Firefighter Vehicle Tags: Search the firefighter tag list, download forms, or access the Volunteer Firefighter Tag List.
- Schedule a Certification Exam: Review information on open testing, non-traditional testing, and retesting.
- Lodging & Dining: Local hotels, airports, restaurants, and attractions
- Student Forms & Brochures: Access the most used forms, current tuition rates, and brochures for our Recruit School and EMS programs.