The AFC received official notification from FEMA for our 2019 grant application in the amount of $441,000 to more fully develop our learning management system, database, and website. We specifically requested funding to develop:
- A student dashboard to allow students to review their internal transcript, check grades for recent courses, download and print certificates, update their profile, and upload prerequisite information.
- A training officer dashboard to allow training officers to apply for courses at their department, register their employees for courses, review courses, and review certifications for their personnel.
- A skills evaluator/testing dashboard to allow JPR skills evaluation to be tabulated via a tablet and uploaded directly to the student file. This will allow automation of processes that are currently manipulated manually.
- A Regional Coordinator dashboard to allow for input of courses for departments in their region, assist in verification of instructor credentials, and assist Certification in assignment of local proctors.
- An administration/staff dashboard to be used to manage system users, manage department users, assign permissions for various users/groups, and communicate information to all users when necessary.
- Integration/reporting within SQL databases so that internal users can readily retrieve data, make decisions, and improve operational efficiency
- Testing software enhancements for the integration of testing programs to interface with the existing database